Sunday, September 25, 2011

How I stay organized

Everyone has their own way to keep their coupons organized.  Of course I have my big binder full of coupons:


I also have an accordion folder full of inserts filed by type (P&G, RP, SS) and date:


I only clip coupons for items I am positive I will be using, like brands I always buy or something I know we need at the store that week.  What's left of the coupon inserts are filed for future reference.  When I see something go on sale later, I can look in my accordion folder for that insert and find the coupon quickly.

I'm not one to lug around a huge binder when I go shopping (though sometimes I wish I did).  On most shopping trips I only take my handy dandy little clipboard:


On my clipboard I keep my shopping list plus an envelope of coupons for each store I'll be shopping at that day.  This is all I take into the store with me.

Using 1 envelope for each store makes it easier for me to keep the coupons organized.  Once I start shopping, I don't have to hunt for coupons.  I just follow my list and use the coupons in the envelope.  Before my shopping trip, I file all the coupons I find in the envelopes according to what I'll be buying where.  Any coupons I don't use get put back in the envelope, and I sort them out when I get home and put them back in the binder to  use next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment